Sunday, July 24, 2011

Are You There God? It's Me Margaret


This is a challenged book


Personal Reaction: I actually have a copy of this book. I bought it years ago to read aloud to my step-daughter (who is now 27!) I kept the book because I loved it when I was a young girl. It held such taboos at the time that it almost felt like I was doing something wrong when I read it. When my own daughter turned 13, I broke out my worn copy of Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. I would like to think that I have two children that love to read but truth be told, they would rather be on the computer. However, when I gave my daughter this book she read it right away and loved it as much as I did at her age. I think of this book as a classic. All girls feel self-concious during these years and Margaret is very relatable as she struggles with growing into womanhood. I plan on keeping my worn copy and handing it down to another generation.

Blume, J. (1970). Are you there God? it's me, Margaret. Cavaye Place, London: Piccolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment