Sunday, July 24, 2011

Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invation of the Potty Snatchers


This book is on the challenged book list

Summary: The Hoskins family goes on a where Super Diaper Baby and Diaper Dog come to the rescue of many people that need their superpower help. Meanwhile, evil Dr. Dilbert Dinkle and his cat, Petey, are up to know good. After being accidentally shot by his evil Liquidator machine, Dr. Dilbert is turned into water. This suits him just fine as he can still rob people even if he's water. Then Petey drinks Dr. Dilbert and over the course of a day, turns him into pee. Now nobody in town wants to deal with an evil puddle of pee so Dr. Dilbert goes on a rampage. He builds a giant robo-cat and has it steal all the toilets in town. This forces the people to pee themselves and stink like Dr. Dilbert. In the end, Super Diaper Baby and Diaper Dog are able to push the earth so the temperature drops, turning Dr. Dilbert into a block of ice. They deliver him to a planet where he will never hurt anyone again, Uranus.
Personal Reaction: This is the most ridiculous book I have ever read! I loved it and kids will love it! There is not a kid in the world that is not going to find humor in this story. It is written in comic book style and has plenty of purposely misspelled words to give the book the feel that it is written by a baby. For instance "New clear" is used for "nuclear" and the technique works well with the silly plot. I can see kids reading this book over and over just because they get to say things like "Rip-Van-Tinkle" and "urine big trouble." I can understand why this is a challenged book. It can definately be labeled as inappropriate. I think kids are going to talk about pee and diapers and a lot of other stuff so why not put it down on paper and let them read a fun little story about it, as inappropriate as that sounds. I think I could hand this book to a reluctant reader and they would enjoy it.
Beard, G. & Hutchins, H., (2011). Super diaper baby 2: invasion of the potty snatchers. New York: The Blue Sky Press.

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me, 
    and I am completely satisfied with your website. 
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in.
    turn you are sharing with each one!….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Wholesale Baby Formula

    ReplyDelete