Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Moon


Summary: Bella is in love with Edward. She attends a b-day party that the Cullens are throwing for her and cuts her finger. This triggers the bloodlust of the vampires and Jasper attacks her. Edward and the Cullens will not put Bella in jeopardy so Edward tells her he does not love her and they move away. Bella goes into deep depression until she decides she will start hanging out with Jacob. Jacob becomes increasingly distant because he can transform into a werewolf and will not break the promise of his pack; the promise that he can tell no one. Bella eventually guesses what Jacob's secret is. Victoria, a very evil vampire, returns to Bella's town. Meanwhile, Alice Cullen has seen a vision and tells Edward that Bella has died. After escaping death from the Volturi, the Cullens return to Forks and Edward vows to never leave Bella again.
Personal Reflection: Several years ago I went to a Book Talk workshop. It was excellent and I've gone every year since then. One of the books highlighted that year was Twilight. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and read it. I told my daughter that this book was going to be the next Harry Potter. Was it as well written? Not the best in my opinion, but it was a fun and memorable book. I began to see girls at my school carrying the book around and I begged my daughter to read it. When she finally did she loved it and quickly became part of Team Edward. This is the perfect series for teenaged girls. It has thrills, suspense, vampires, and undying teenage love. What more could a girl want?!

Meyer, S. (2006). New moon. New York: Little, Brown and Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment